Fresh From The Garden To Your Table
Check out some great recipes at:
Warm & Hearty Soups
Submitted By Beth Hernandez
· ½ head of cabbage (chopped)
· 1 c. celery (diced)
· 1 c. white or yellow onion (diced)
· 1 c. carrots (diced)
· 1 green pepper (diced)
· 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
· 4 c. chicken broth
· 14 oz. can basil/garlic/oregano diced tomatoes
· 1 t. oregano
· 1 t. basil
· ½ t. red pepper flakes
· ½ t. salt
· pinch of pepper
· pinch of adobo seasoning
1. Harvest cabbage, celery, onion, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and herbs from your Farm Daddy®!
2. Heat 2 T. coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat
3. Add celery, onions, bell pepper and carrots.
4. Sauté until slightly tender
5. Stir in garlic. Sauté until garlic is light brown.
6. Add seasonings. Stir.
7. Add tomatoes and cabbage.
8. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
9. Cook until cabbage is tender.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning to likeness.
11. Keeps well in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Quick & Delicious Crock Pot Recipes
Paleo Cabbage Rolls
Submitted By Beth Hernandez
· 1 large head of green cabbage
· 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
· 1 lb. lean pork sausage
· 1 T. coconut oil
· ½ white onion (diced finely)
· 1½ c. riced or grated cauliflower
· ½ t. garlic powder
· ½ t. sea salt
· 1 t. black pepper
· 8 oz. crushed tomatoes
· 4 oz. tomato sauce
1. Harvest your cabbage, onion and cauliflower from your Farm Daddy®!
2. Using the grating attachment on a food processor, grate 1 ½ c. cauliflower. Save remaining for mock garlic mashed (potatoes) cauliflower – that’s my suggestion!
3. In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, garlic powder, salt & pepper
4. Heat a large pot of water. Core cabbage and submerge the cabbage head in water for up to 15 minutes or until tender (not falling apart) enough to bend without breaking. You can also do this by individual leaves.
5. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 T. coconut oil. Add onion and grated cauliflower. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until onion is translucent and the cauliflower is softened. Turn off heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Add onion/cauliflower mixture to meat mixture. Combine until incorporated.
7. Place a large spoonful of the meat mixture at the stem end of the cabbage leaf. Roll, tucking in the sides. End with the seam side down.
8. Mix the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce in a bowl. Put 1 cup of mixed sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker or dutch oven. Lay the cabbage rolls seam side down. Cover with remaining tomato mixture.
9. Cook on low for 5 hours if using a slow cooker. If using a dutch oven, cover the top of the dish with foil or lid and bake for 90 minutes at 350 degrees.
Salads and Raw Dishes
FarmDaddy Raw Collard Green Salad
Inspired by a FarmDaddy Customer
1 bunch collard greens, washed
1/2 cup olive oil
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup raw sugar - or to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup walnuts
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
Remove ribs and stems from collards. Dry collards and stack on top of one another. Roll collards into a cigar shape. Slice very thin using a serrated knife. Place into large bowl. Add olive oil to collards, work thoroughly into greens with hands or a wooden spoon.
Thinly slice red onions using a "v-slicer" or mandoline for best results. Mix apple cider vinegar and sugar together. Mix until sugar granules are dissolved. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place red onions into apple cider vinaigrette and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Add red onions/apple cider vinaigrette into the collards greens along with walnuts, cranberries, feta cheese. Gently combine ingredients. Top with mandarin oranges and serve.
FarmDaddy Egg Casserole
15 med Eggs or 12 large Eggs
1 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 TBSP Olive oil
1 Jalapeño (seeds removed and adjusted to your taste for heat)
1Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Grits (prepared with 4 cups of water according to box directions)
1 TBSP Butter (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook grits according to directions . Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of butter (optional). Pour grits into a greased 9X11 pan and smooth until level.
Sauté onions, bell peppers and jalapeño in 3 tbsp of olive oil until tender. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl whip eggs until yolks and whites are thoroughly blended. Add in sautéed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly add mixture on top of the grits. Top with 3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake egg casserole for 25 minutes. Add remaining cheese and bake 2-3 more minutes until melted and knife or toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Variations: Crumbled bacon, spinach, mushrooms or basil can be added to egg mixture.
Salsa makes a delicious topping.